Thursday, September 3, 2015

Burnett Back-to-school Night

The date was moved up so back-to-shool night was on the fourth day of school this year. I left work early to rush around picking up the kids, picking out Jackson's school pics, getting dinner and trying to get the kids to eat dinner. I also wanted to buy stuff at the PTA's sale - Burnett gear, spirit sticks, earthquake kits, PTA Membership, etc. it was a crazy evening and then I missed the teacher introductions and Willis' presentation with the WEF board because the room was overflowing out the door with parents. The kids got to play on the play structure with CDC while we got to sit at Austin's desk and listen to the plan for the year from Austin's teacher, Mrs. Flanders.


I got Austin a Burnett t-shirt (the jackets had strangely long arms), earthquake kit and Spirit Sticks. Austin chose eight Spirit Sticks (he said it's because he's eight). These are all his new Spirit Sticks plus the four I got him at Rock-Around-the-Block in June, including his new Burnett Spirit Ring. I think my faves are the watercolor palatte and the bacon. I think his fave is the dog one. (I finally took his Cabrillo Spirit Ring off his backpack from last year. It was so full!)

Jackson seemed to have fun playing with all the other kids at CDC's back-to-school care. I asked Ms. Karen if he was rough with Austin said she said he wasn't, he ran around and played with the other kids, like Austin's friends. Beforehand, I told Austin to take care of Jackson. I later asked Jackson who he played with, he said only Austin because Austin told him he had to stay with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment