Saturday, November 7, 2015

Legoland with lil J

I wanted to make one last trip to Legoland before our passes expire next week. Willis and Austin were going to the USC football game on Saturday and no one else I asked was able to join us, so it was just Jackson and me.

The park opens at 10:00am, but we didn’t get on the road until 9:00am so we arrived around 10:40am.
Jackson got to choose the rides he wanted to ride. He picked the pirate ship, so we headed there but on the way we stopped to watch the Clutch Powers 4D show, rode the airplanes and played a life-sized Let’s Go Fishing game where he won a rainbow colored bear. The park was super empty and hardly any lines!

After lunch, we wandered through Miniland, rode the Coast Cruise boat ride and stopped at the Lego Store before heading to the aquarium. We went through the aquarium and sat to watch Atlantis, a Lego movie in a little movie room. He enjoyed the movie and talked about it frequently afterward, I got to rest my eyes and may have taken a 5-10 minute snooze. By the time we finished walking through the aquarium it was closing time so we stopped for a bathroom break and headed home.

Jackson fell asleep when we got on the freeway and slept for about an hour. There were pockets of traffic and it took us two hours to get home.
He knew he wanted to buy something at Legoland and had talked about taking the money from his blue piggy bank. And, sure enough, he brought along the piggy bank. I helped him count his money, he had almost $8. He gets very excited when he sees something he likes, “Oh! Look Lego Chima!” or “Lego Junior, I have that!” or “Superheroes, I love Superheroes!” He picked up a number of things and he had to think hard about which one thing he wanted, in the end he was set on getting a set of Castle set of knights mini figures. He played with them when we got home and was so happy with his choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment