Saturday, March 14, 2015

All Star Chef Classic - Kitchen Kids

Willis found this cool event at L.A. Live, All-Star Chef Classic: Kitchen Kids, and we thought it was perfect for Austin. It happened to be "pi" day so they taught the kids how to make "pie."
 
Waylynn Lucas (Owner of Fonuts Bakery) led the class and Joe Bastianich (Restauranteur and judge on Master Chef) hosted the event.
 
Austin in his new Hadley & Bennett apron waiting on the red carpet to enter kitchen stadium. It was such a hot day, so thankful the tent was air conditioned!

He decorated his chef's hat and pie box then learned how to roll out dough, mix the filling and put the pie together. I helped a little when he needed help. Willis was clue-less with pie making and was shocked that I knew what to do. I guess the last time I made pie was before I met him. lol


The event was sponsored by Le Creuset and he got so many goodies to take home! A French rolling pin, mixing bowl, mini ceramic pie dish, baking mat, cookie cutters and bowl scraper. Not to mention the H&B apron and a King Flour bag to carry everything.

While the pies were baking, we were treated to an open bar, coffee and a variety of Fonuts. We all had a great time! And we enjoyed Austin's pie at my Mom's house later, it was delicious!

Austin and his finished pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment