Friday, March 6, 2015

My dinner date

The evening was a bit out of the usual order. Willis had taken Austin to basketball practice so we went straight home. On the way home, he stated that he wanted to play in the water in the tub. He also stated he wanted to eat as soon as we got home. I still needed to cook dinner so I got him in the bath first and he played while I cooked. He kept accidentally unplugging the drain so he didn’t last in the tub very long. But, he dried off (basically air drying after the water went down the drain) and got dressed. We sat down to eat together and to my surprise, he went through three servings of chicken! He wanted to call the peas “green beans.” I tried to correct him but he said, “I just want to pretend and call them green beans.” He said he didn’t like the peas but he ate some once he figured out how fun it was to pop them between his fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment