Thursday, June 11, 2015

Self-defense class

I took Austin to his first self defense class yesterday. It was at the Hawthorne Community Center. On the way, Austin asked me of any of his friends would be there. I told him I didn't know if any of his friends were going. Well, what'dya know, as I was signing in I hear a boy say, "Hi Austin!" I should've known Mr. Popular would know someone in the class. :) It was a friend from school who had been in his kindergarten class. 
  
I snapped this picture of the class before Sensei Bob went over the rules - one of which is no taking pictures or videos.
 
Here he is demonstrating the first position
 
And demonstrating "high block"
 
There were six kids in the class and Austin seemed to enjoy what he was learning. They run to the teacher when it is time for class to start. They get into position and say, "Eee-yah!" He learned a few defensive moves: High block, reverse punch, kick and a hand twist & pull to get out of someone grabbing your hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment