Thursday, July 16, 2015

Tanoshii Fun Camp - Day 4

Austin went on a field trip to Tanaka Farms in Irvine today. They went on a tractor tour around the farm and tasted sweet corn, tomatoes, carrots, green beans, cilantro and watermelon. They walked through the watermelon patch and saw other vegetables for sale.

They got a bento lunch, he said his lunch was "this salad thingy and water." I asked him if there was anything else like rice or chicken. He said no. I asked if he was sure there wasn't any rice. He said, "Yeah, there was rice in the salad. It was kind of rice with this purple thing on it that made it sour." I asked him again if there was chicken and he said no, then after a moment later he said, "yeah there was chicken, but I didn't eat all of it." His buddy Trenton was out sick today. He said he sat with his friend Tyler on the bus. He said the farm was really fun and the best part was eating the food.

No comments:

Post a Comment