Their Boo at the Zoo is happening all month (not just the weekend before Halloween like last year), minus the trick-or-treating. The website says "costumes encouraged" so I took a costume for J, he requested his Spiderman costume. He wore that thing the whole day, no matter that it was a really hot day. Good thing I took lots of water for us to drink! He ended up being the only kid dressed up, but he said he had fun wearing his costume (plus Batman hat).


I had a great time hanging out with my little guy. We went to see all the animals he wanted to see (except for the zebra, which he really wanted to see, but there aren't any there at the moment, new zebras are due to arrive soon). He was very attached to his zoo map and didn't want to give it to me even when I just needed to see which way to go.
Our last stop was the carousel. When we were in line, I asked him which animal he wanted to ride. He said, "The bug! There!" I thought he meant the beetle or ladybug that you can sit on. He ran straight to this, it's a bug climbing on some kind of nut, which is a bench on the other side. :)


No comments:
Post a Comment