Thursday, October 29, 2015

Corneal erosion

I tore a hole in the cornea of my right eye last Wednesday. It was the result of falling asleep with my contacts in then waking up and ripping them out of my eyes. As much as I doze off wearing my contacts, I'm actually surprised it took this long to happen. It's not a good thing, for sure, and hopefully this has taught me a lesson. But, it's been over a week and finally feels back to normal with no pain.
I woke up with a little blurriness. it progressed to feeling like i had something in my eye and it was sore and irritated. I thought maybe debris had scratched it, i had no idea it was a hole. I called my optometrist office when it became too hard to see and saw whatever doctor was there that morning. And, what a surprise, the doctor was an old friend from high school! He said i had a corneal erosion, basically a big hole in my cornea. He prescribed antibiotic eye drops and said it would heal quickly. He had me return on Saturday to check to see that it was healing. He said it was still healing but two more days of the drops and a few more days without contacts and it should be fine. It was nice getting to chat and catch up and I'm still in a bit of shock from that blast from the past!

No comments:

Post a Comment